My cooking style is a little of this, a splash of that and a sprinkle of what I like. It is always quick and easy, sometimes healthy rarely from a recipe book and if it is, I can never stick to the instructions! Consequently when things turn out really well, I have to back track to cobble together instructions and quantities before sharing.
A nutritious and satisfying snack
This Flapjack recipe is one I experimented on a while back, I like the fact I can prepare and cook it quicker than I could go to the nearest shop (well I do live in deepest Cornwall) and it is packed with natural wholesome ingredients. They are perfect for school packed lunches too.
Preparation 10 minutes, cooking 10 minutes
Crunchy Peanut butter – 2 table spoons (tbs)
butter – 1 tbs
Sugar : any kind 3 tbs
Golden Syrup 3 tbs
Rolled Oats approx. 450g
1. In a saucepan melt all the ingredients except the oats over a medium heat without allowing the mixture to boil.
2. Remove from heat and stir in enough oats to fully absorb the mixture
3. Transfer to a small roasting tin lined with greased baking paper, lightly press into the corners
4. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes till just golden (too long and they will be too crunchy)
5. Remove and score into squares while warm then leave to cool.
6. Turn out and enjoy
I sell these in our reception shop, when the children don’t eat them all first! I imagine the basic idea is fairly adaptable and I rather fancy experiementing with dried fruits such as cherries and apricots, coconut and other nuts or chocolate chunks. I will be sure to fill you in on the combinations and quantities that work, as tested by my kids!
“Tales from the farmers wife” shares the funny and interesting happenings on our lovely holiday farm with Farmer Nick and our 6 children. A behind the scenes look on balancing family, farming, the holiday business and cooking for all.
Rockfish, a British brand, is the new cool affordable luxury wellington, based in cornwall, Rockfish combine style & on trend colours for women in both fitted, standard, and extra calf width, not to mention exceedingly comfortable underfoot.