Patience, my 6 children test every ounce of my patience every day, then when they are all peacefully sleeping, or do something spontaneous that is helpful or kind I reflect on how wonderful they are! Here is one such moment:
2) As a child (or now even) did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?
Gymnastics was my thing. I loved it and still have the leotard complete with badges! As a teenager I became a cycling enthusiast, if I am honest this was largely as a means of transport! However after cycling England, France, Holland and Germany before I was old enough to drive I think I can call it a sport! Now it is just out on the Moors for fun! I would love to add surfing now but since I only bodyboard while the kids do the real thing I don't think that counts?
3) Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) – which sport appeals to you more?
Tough one, I enjoy both but I run far more, 15 - 20 miles a week, so I will go with the running..
4) How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if you miss the alarm and sleep in?
Me? 5 minutes, but with 6 packed lunches to make and kids to sort for the day at school, realistically no less than 1/2 hour on a good day and definitely no tweeting in that time!
5) What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?
Most efficient house cleaner, I would employ all the finalists and allow my holiday guests to arrive an hour early at CoombeMill!
6) Claim to fame time – Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?
Oh so nearly! I am friends with the Mum of one of the ladies in the UK rowing team, my friend at University had Sebastian Coe as her neighbour and babysitter. My niece was in the Welsh Gymnastics Team but gave up before ever getting to the Olympics. I will be able to claim a real sighting if not meeting after next Thursday's events!
7) What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?
Definitely the Gymnastics, It was the one thing that I would marvel over.
8) Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?
Thanks to my lovely Mother in Law, we are going live next Thursday. It all sounds amazing; except for the 5.30am train from Lewes!
9) Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians)
Well at present I’m so proud of my Mum. We lost my Dad under a fortnight ago and she is being so very brave.
I am passing on the Flame onto: