I have been double tagged by the caring and friendly mumofthreeboys , who blogs at http://mumofthreeboys.wordpress.com/ and the lovely ladies at Mummy Central who have so much happening over at http://www.mummycentral.com/ to continue with this meme. I understand it has been circulating a while but it has only just reached me, so I hope I don’t repeat too many already well used answers! Just as I was about to publish I received a 3rd tag from the lovable moors-mummy with her facinating tails of her life and her gorgous boys in the Country http://www.moors-mummy.blogspot.com/ I’ve not added a 3rd round of answers for fear of the longest blog ever on myself but thank you for tagging me!
1/ Post the rules (done)
2/ Post 12 fun facts about your self
3/ Answer the questions set for you by your tagger in your post then create 12 new questions for fellow bloggers you plan to tag
4/ Tag 12 people and link them to your blog
Ok So here is my 12 fun facts about myself, I have a feeling some may have popped up in other memes before for which I am sorry, but there is a limit to the number of fun things I can think of about myself!
1. I was thrown out of school choir for messing around (and not being able to sing!)
2. I was thrown out of the Brownies for bad behaviour
3. I was a bit of a shy and geeky teenager, did me well for studying though!
4. I was once the Condom buyer for all the Tesco stores (amongst other less exciting over the counter medicines)
5. I had lunch with Vidal Sassoon himself and meetings with Nicky Clarke as haircare buyer for Tesco
6. I made it round Europe on £300 for a month at age 18 with an inter rail card.
7. I cycled from Bordeaux to Calais at age 16 with my friend over 3 weeks
8. I had 6 children in 6 years
9. I am the only person I have ever met who can wiggle their fingers from the last joint alone!
10. I can do the splits with my first 2 fingers (I suspect I may be double jointed).
11. I am flat footed.
12. I think I enjoy an occasional night out dancing till the early hours more in my 40’s than I ever did in my 20’s!
Cornwall in a Caravan from baby to age 13, no surprise then when it became my dream to one day live here.
2. What is the earliest memory of your childhood you can remember?
Playing in the garden of my parents 1st house, I can see my young self riding around on my toy tractor and trailer delivering sand from place to place while Dad cut the lawn and Mum hung out the washing. Happy care free days, I must have been age 3 or 4.
3. What do you like best about being a parent?
The unconditional love of my children. Even when I shout and know I am being a tad harsh on them, they still come back and love me just the same.
4. At what age did you stop studying? And what was it you studied?
I stopped at 21 after my degree in Economics and Politics, oh and then I worked for Tesco and the first thing they made me do was a diploma in Grocery Marketing, no getting away from student days!
5. What has been your proudest moment so far in your life?
Oh gosh, this is hard, I think I have to be so honest and unoriginal and say holding my 1st born for the 1st time.
6. Describe your blog in 3 words?
Mummy’s Farm Tales
7. Do you have any phobias and if so, what are they?
I don’t think I do, I have become a very practical and rational person, unless you include someone forcing me to parsley; I just can’t stomach the stuff, revolting weed!
8. What does your family think of your blog?
My younger children love to see themselves on my blog, the eldest avoids the camera at all costs. Poor old Farmer Nick is quite confused by the whole thing and will say “Are you tweetfacing on the blog again?”
Restaurant – no washing up and a chance to glam up after a day on the farm!
11. What age was you when you passed your test and how many tries did it take?
18, Passed 2nd time. I was mortified when I failed the 1st time, I think it was my first ever memorable failure in life and it hit hard, I remember being quite nervous at the retake.
12. Where is your favourite place to be and why?
Right here in Cornwall. With our beautiful 30 acre farm, stunning sandy beaches with rock pools, basking sharks, dolphins and surfing waves, amazing restaurants and the rugged Moors all on the doorstep, this is my piece of heaven.
That was a total pleasure, quite lost in my own thought for those questions. Thank you Angoe!
“Tales from the farmers wife” shares the funny and interesting happenings on our lovely holiday farm with Farmer Nick and our 6 children. A behind the scenes look on balancing family, farming, the holiday business and cooking for all.