I have been double tagged by the caring and friendly mumofthreeboys , who blogs at http://mumofthreeboys.wordpress.com/ and the lovely ladies at Mummy Central who have so much happening over at http://www.mummycentral.com/ to continue with this meme. I understand it has been circulating a while but it has only just reached me, so I hope I don’t repeat too many already well used answers! Just as I was about to publish I received a 3rd tag from the lovable moors-mummy with her facinating tails of her life and her gorgous boys in the Country http://www.moors-mummy.blogspot.com/ I’ve not added a 3rd round of answers for fear of the longest blog ever on myself but thank you for tagging me!
1/ Post the rules (done)
2/ Post 12 fun facts about your self
3/ Answer the questions set for you by your tagger in your post then create 12 new questions for fellow bloggers you plan to tag
4/ Tag 12 people and link them to your blog
Ok So here is my 12 fun facts about myself, I have a feeling some may have popped up in other memes before for which I am sorry, but there is a limit to the number of fun things I can think of about myself!
1. I was thrown out of school choir for messing around (and not being able to sing!)
2. I was thrown out of the Brownies for bad behaviour
3. I was a bit of a shy and geeky teenager, did me well for studying though!
4. I was once the Condom buyer for all the Tesco stores (amongst other less exciting over the counter medicines)
5. I had lunch with Vidal Sassoon himself and meetings with Nicky Clarke as haircare buyer for Tesco
6. I made it round Europe on £300 for a month at age 18 with an inter rail card.
7. I cycled from Bordeaux to Calais at age 16 with my friend over 3 weeks
8. I had 6 children in 6 years
9. I am the only person I have ever met who can wiggle their fingers from the last joint alone!
10. I can do the splits with my first 2 fingers (I suspect I may be double jointed).
11. I am flat footed.
12. I think I enjoy an occasional night out dancing till the early hours more in my 40’s than I ever did in my 20’s!
Cornwall in a Caravan from baby to age 13, no surprise then when it became my dream to one day live here.
2. What is the earliest memory of your childhood you can remember?
Playing in the garden of my parents 1st house, I can see my young self riding around on my toy tractor and trailer delivering sand from place to place while Dad cut the lawn and Mum hung out the washing. Happy care free days, I must have been age 3 or 4.
3. What do you like best about being a parent?
The unconditional love of my children. Even when I shout and know I am being a tad harsh on them, they still come back and love me just the same.
4. At what age did you stop studying? And what was it you studied?
I stopped at 21 after my degree in Economics and Politics, oh and then I worked for Tesco and the first thing they made me do was a diploma in Grocery Marketing, no getting away from student days!
5. What has been your proudest moment so far in your life?
Oh gosh, this is hard, I think I have to be so honest and unoriginal and say holding my 1st born for the 1st time.
6. Describe your blog in 3 words?
Mummy’s Farm Tales
7. Do you have any phobias and if so, what are they?
I don’t think I do, I have become a very practical and rational person, unless you include someone forcing me to parsley; I just can’t stomach the stuff, revolting weed!
8. What does your family think of your blog?
My younger children love to see themselves on my blog, the eldest avoids the camera at all costs. Poor old Farmer Nick is quite confused by the whole thing and will say “Are you tweetfacing on the blog again?”
Restaurant – no washing up and a chance to glam up after a day on the farm!
11. What age was you when you passed your test and how many tries did it take?
18, Passed 2nd time. I was mortified when I failed the 1st time, I think it was my first ever memorable failure in life and it hit hard, I remember being quite nervous at the retake.
12. Where is your favourite place to be and why?
Right here in Cornwall. With our beautiful 30 acre farm, stunning sandy beaches with rock pools, basking sharks, dolphins and surfing waves, amazing restaurants and the rugged Moors all on the doorstep, this is my piece of heaven.
That was a total pleasure, quite lost in my own thought for those questions. Thank you Angoe!
1. If you could swap lives with someone for a day, who would you choose?
My children, I would love to understand the impact of what I do and say on them
2. What is the most important thing you’ve lost?
I lost a diamond from my engagement ring just before Christmas. It is still missing and I am saving to have it replaced and reset 🙁
3. You win a million in the Lottery. What’s the first thing you’d do?
This really shouldn’t be hard but I am going to have to come back to it!
4. How many Facebook friends do you actually speak to on a regular basis?
None, I interact with everyone on the Coombe Mill page but am hopeless at regular entries on my personal site
5. What was your biggest misconception about motherhood/fatherhood?
That there is a “one size fits all” approach to parenting. I have 6 children and while we are consistent and fair as parents, they do not all respond to praise and discipline in the same way.
6. What is the most important thing blogging has taught you?
I have learned that I enjoy writing which really is a suprise to me!
7. Who is your hero – and why?
My husband, because I admire and respect his judgement and know he is always there for me.
8. If you could choose to be reincarnated as an animal, which one would you be?
One of our deer. They are so beautiful and graceful and have a really interesting field with lots of camouflage hiding areas.
9. What’s your best moneysaving tip?
Scratch cooking with simple ingredients
10. What advice would you give yourself, if you could go back 20 years in time?
I would love to be able to do this. Confidence, confidence and more confidence. It is something I have gained with age and feel so much more capable as a result.
11. What’s your biggest pet hate?
I do find myself feeling put out by rudeness, just no need for it.
For my 12 Questions I decided to split them into life sections:
1. Who was your first memorable childhood friend and are you still in touch?
2. What was the worst fib you remember telling a grown up in authority e.g. parent, friend’s parent, teacher etc
3. What event or achievement were you most proud of as a child
4. What was your 1st proper job, did you make the right choice or if you had your time again would you do something completely different?
5. Most embarassing work blunder
As A couple
6. Best part of being in a relationship (on reflection if currently single)
7. Worst thing about coupledom!
As a Family
8. What do you like to do as a family for holidays and day trips
9.What are the really important rules in your household that no one would dare to break
10. What is your favourite family meal, the one that you all enjoy together
As You Now
11. How do you make time for “you” in the day and what do you do with that time?
12. How would you like to develop your blog over the next 12 months? Do you have a plan and stick to it, a plan but then go with the flow or des your blog simply evolve with you?
Now to tag 12 new bloggers in the hope that they haven’t already been tagged or asked the same questions!
Rachela great supportive twitter friend who I have actually met here at Coombe Mill
largerfamilyWho I hope to meet one day with her lovely brood!
geekymamaWho I am about to meet here at Coombe Mill this week!
KiddieBaseAs they feature on my blog this week with their lovely range of kiddy gear
Ness My late night tweeting buddy who looks half her age
Zoe GrantBecause she is so thoughtful on twitter and I’d love to read her answers
Gem FShe is a confessed bookworm but I also think she is a budding photographer
Happy blogging everyone!
“Tales from the farmers wife” shares life on our lovely holiday farm with Farmer Emma and our children. Step into our beautiful 30 acres and experience nature close up with farming and educational crafts in stunning North Cornwall. Family, fun and adventure start here.